I wanted to give you an update on my house. The kitchen is still in the works but the drawers are almost done. I have also ordered the lighting that I shared with you and I’m testing out the hardware selection. (It is always a good idea to order one piece of hardware and test out the scale and quality before committing to an entire order).
The tile has been installed in the tiny half bath off of my bedroom. I chose a well priced porcelain. I’ve also shared a couple of pictures of the tired, old space! It had not been updated since the house was built in 1972 – eek. We ripped out the toilet and the sink. I originally thought that I was going to paper this space in Rose Cumming’s : Zebrine but I’ve decided to hold off on the paper. I need to scale back on my expenses and can always add wallpaper at a later date if I’d like!! The next step is to clean up the bathroom, replace the old baseboard, paint the walls and add the items pictured above!
I purchased the simple sink, faucet and toilet. I hope to paint the bathroom next week. I’m going with either pink or navy. I’m leaning towards the pink. Although, I love navy walls I think the pink will feel fresher and more flattering. I’m sure I’ll be primping in this space. 😉
Above are my two design boards and below are the pictures of the space now – UGH!
the new tile
1. I think I may go with this simple sconce. I’m leaving the existing wiring so it needs to be installed above the mirror.
2. Monogrammed towels add a personal touch
3. I’ve purchased a similar faucet to this classic Kohler one.
4. Small bathrooms and powder rooms look great when you add a one of a kind or unexpected mirror similar to this bamboo one. via Horchow (it’s 30% off today!)
5. Inexpensive pedestal sink via Lowes. (again I need to save $ someplace)
6. I’m adding a colorful piece of art onto the empty wall across from the doorway.
The color chosen will be from Clark+Kensington’s new color line! I’ll share the color name when I make the final choice!