|In stark contrast to yesterday’s post, today, I am day dreaming about a major escape from this cold snap. To top it off we are expecting anywhere from 12″-36″ of snow this weekend on the East coast. I stumbled upon this little jewel and actually would LOVE to rent it for a week someday. I’ve always dreamed of visiting Harbour Island. Trish Becker and her husband lovingly restored this adorable home. Trish is also a jeweler and many of her pieces are inspired by the summers she spent on Harbour Island growing up. This gem of a cottage can be rented by the night or weekly. Check out Trish’s jewelry here and the deets on renting this home here. All images via Coastal Living.
|Wow, big surprise, it snowed again!!! One of my favorite things about blogging, besides reaching out to the world and my wonderful readers, is the focused attention it takes. When I am blogging I am lost in another world and only thinking of creating..This morning I virtually visited Palm Beach! In a way, this escape, is free therapy but without the co-pay, sidewards looks or leaving the house!! 😉
1. I designed this kitchen for a young family and posted it a couple of weeks ago. (photo below). I had a few readers ask for the source of the art. Often times, out of respect for my client’s, I do not share all of my design sources. In this case, I will. The artist’s name is: Donna Walker. I love the colors in her paintings. See more of her work here. This piece perfectly completed this colorful kitchen.
|Photo by: Ann-Marie Rollo|
2. I know milkshakes are usually a warm weather treat, but I may break the rules today and order a chocolate/peanut-butter version at the diner down the street. Yum! Here is the recipe for this one!!
I say: If you can’t go south, head north! I would LOVE to be jetting of someplace toasty this winter, but I don’t think it’s happening..There’s just too much going on at my home base. I am lucky enough however to have my parent’s log cabin in Vermont to visit! (Top photo is of my brother in law, niece and nephew). Their home is 30 minutes from Killington Mountain. Matty and I are heading up there this weekend for some outdoor fun and a bit of apres ski of course!!
Other images from top to bottom:
– This bathroom by designer Frank de biasi is pretty much what I would design if I had a ski chalet.
– Aerin Lauder’s ski house in Aspen is by far a favorite! Image via: Vogue
– I love cozy hats. I think I need to scoop up a Canada Goose one just like this!!
– Being outside on a mountain, under sunny skies with perfect conditions is fabulous!!
– Apres ski in front of a fire after skiing all day is even better!
Frank de biasi
http://rstyle.me/n/v3yf2pwjn – hat
|Some of my friend’s and I (including Matty) headed to Provincetown or what New Englanders dub “P-town” last Saturday. We are now coining this venture the annual “p to p” trip. Provincetown is located at the very tip of Cape Cod. We took an 1 1/2 ferry trip over from Plymouth, Ma. and spent the day eating, shopping and having a few cocktails! It was a blast. P-town is a fun, colorful, diverse coastal community. Next time I would love to visit for the night. I hear the parties are not to be missed! Here are some highlights and a few of my photos along with a darling boutique B + B that I may need to stay at next year!|
|We ate an amazing lunch here!!|
|Not sure why this turned out so blurry. Matty and I are on the far left hand side of the photo!|
|A photo of the boat ride home.|
|Salt House Inn|
|Last week my mind was on skiing (which was a blast by the way). It is always so fun try new experiences/trips/events together for the first time with a new “love”. I hadn’t been skiing since I had my children. My boyfriend and I had such a nice time. We stayed at the Woodstock inn and also my parent’s house in Vermont. I can’t wait to go skiing again at the end of the month……
It’s been frigid for most of January so we’ve decided to go away. This time we are heading south. I can only escape for a long weekend, but a bit of warmth is better than none at all. I’ll be sure to share my hypothetical packing list via a “love the look” post.
Here’s a bit of Florida style inspiration for you..bathing suit image is via Although, I don’t see this adorable suit on the site.