Happy Thursday! It seems everyone thinks of revamping their homes in the Spring! I love the impact a dramatic foyer (or smaller entrance area) can have when entering a home. It’s the first thing you and your guests will see and it can beautifully set the tone and color palette for the rest of the house! Today, I’m sharing a somewhat relaxed look with natural elements and a play of textures. This set up is both functional and great looking. It is always nice to have a table to place your mail/keys on, a stool for taking off shoes, ample lighting, and mirrors make spaces feel larger and allow that one last peek at your outfit. 😉
Happy New Year! Wishing you a fabulous and healthy year!
I’ve taken a few days off from blogging but I plan to return in 2014 with more posts! Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day.
I’ve also been chipping away at my new home. There is lots to do but I need to pick and choose the areas to complete and focus on.
Over the last two weeks I’ve been shopping and rearranging my rugs for a couple of reasons. First off, I need to protect my newly finished hardwood floors. Darker floors look chic but they are more easily scratched. Secondly, nothing finishes off and warms up a room quite like a rug. I need a rug for my bedroom and I’m thinking I may go with navy stripes. (these examples are black). I love how stripes not only ground a room but add a fun, graphic element. Here are some of my favorite examples!
Hello, hello. Apologies for the late post, it’s been a crazy busy day full of projects and picking up kiddos etc. I wanted to share my wish list, gift guide. Not sure if Santa will make it by my house this year but I thought I’d share some of my favorites and needs (wants) none the less!
Here are the deets on my picks! Happy Holidays. I can’t believe Christmas is two weeks away.
1. I’d buy three sets of these and scatter them around a mantel and coffee table when entertaining. An inexpensive way to create ambiance is to add dimmers to all your lights and scatter votive candles all around!
2. Absolutely on my list is a long beautiful pendant necklace. I’m LOVING both of these and would even wear them together, at slightly different lengths. The Wheat Lulu Frost one is from J.Crew and keeps going in and out of stock. The druzy necklace is by Margaret Elizabeth, I love her designs.
3. I love bamboo motifs. I would mix this bamboo china with all sorts of colors and patterns. It’s so versatile but a bit more interesting then all white dishes.
4. I thought Carsten Holler’s museum installation was inspiring. I loved the mix of gold, silver and metals. It was chic + glamorous. You could purchase one or more of these illuminated fixtures from Shades of Light for the same unexpected effect in your home, could even paint them white if you wanted to achieve the same look as the wonderful sign.
5. The zipper just failed on my down coat, it’s time for a new one anyway. I may get it fixed and donate it! This Barbour version would work to keep me toasty this winter!
6. I’m dying for a few sequins in my life this holiday season. I like how these oversized sequins on this Suno blouse are unexpected! Plus I’m always cold, so it’s still sassy enough to wear out for cocktails but will cover me up a bit.
7. Pink baubles, need I say more. These stackable bangles would surely make a statement, plus they’re a steal at $28.00 for the set.
8. I still love leopard details but the newest gold tipped toes and heels I’m spying are fabulous.
9. My wallet is looking pretty tired. I often grab my wallet and go, so I like a piece that can be carried alone but doesn’t look dirty too quickly. This Tory Burch violet version is pretty and practical.
10. Really? This is more of a dream then a wish. I’m dying for a great leather jacket. This green Balmain jacket is GORGEOUS but the cost of it could feed a small family for weeks!
11. I will own a real Beni Ourain rug some day. I know they have been all the rage for a few years now but I love the look and would layer this over a great flat wool sisal rug.
Celerie Kemble’s new rug line for Meridia Meridian. I’ve long been a fan of Celerie’s dynamic work, and even better, she was super friendly when I met her! The colors above look so vivid, these rugs would surely be the impetus for a great design concept!
Catalyst is available in five amazing colors in all!
Hello, hello sorry it’s been a late blogging week. I’ve been swamped but am happy to report that I’ve hired two part time assistants! Hopefully with the much needed help, I’ll have a bit more time to get creative with the design blogging!! I hope to have some fresh and updated posts to share with you all this Fall!!
Okay, onto the post. I’m still spying spots everywhere! Which for me is a good thing, they add just the right amount of energy and a bit of hip factor to a home or outfit. Be it antelope, polka dots or leopard, it doesn’t really matter to me, I adore them all. Happy Wednesday!
Images: Pinterest, Elle Decor and Atlantic-Pacific, Coco Cozy (top right image)