Hello, hello!! We have been working away on a number of projects at Shelter but today I squeezed in some time to put together our new office boards. Don’t cringe at the before photos of the area – (images below). This is what we are working with for space. I can’t rip out the floor tile but I will be covering as much as I can with a rug. We are painting the walls a very pale grey and recovering the windows in simple woven shades. I may even custom order a large seagrass rug to lay under the black and white rug. I want to cover as much of the tile as possible!!
I wanted to create a clean, fresh office. I will be setting up a large inspiration board to tack fabrics and design ideas to. (I love Kelly Wearstler’s over sized board – image below). I also own a number of the items that we will be using. (I’m sort of a chair addict so I have collected a number of random chairs). I have linked to the rest of the items. This space will also be created on a budget. Meg (my fabulous design assistant), myself and Matty hope to finish it up by the beginning of May!!
I will be sure to share the after photos with you!
|Painting the walls a very pale, pale grey. Clark+Kensington’s CW-C3|
1. Brass lamps
2. We will use a mix of vintage containers for our pens and pencils. Via Etsy and thrift shops.
3. Melltorp Ikea table x 2 (using as desks)
4. + 5. I own two Eames chairs and will throw sheep skin rugs over them for comfort.
6. Hustle print
Ikea rug – Stockholm rug
7. Storage baskets for samples and project fabrics
8. Cheery artwork
9. Kelly Wearstler’s design boards
10. Smaller pin boards for business cards, calendars etc.
11. + 13 I own two chairs similar to these. We will use them around a round glass top table that I already own. This will serve as a meeting and secondary work area.
12. Two pillows to use on the wooden chairs. Loving these!!