It is always exciting to be in the Press. Last weekend The Boston Globe shared a recent project that I completed in Boston. Thank you to my wonderful photographer Sarah and to Jaci Conry for the feature. Read more about this South End condo here. For information on hiring Shelter for a design project contact us: @ email@example.com
Happy Thursday! How is it already mid-September? It still feels like August around here, so this Mama is a happy one. I’m working on some really exciting projects right now. Here are six interior design trends and classic looks I’m eyeing and/or using!!
Happy Fri-yay!! I had a great design meeting today with a client I have worked with in the past! A big part of my business involves building relationships. I love watching my clients lives evolve and their families grow. The personal connections I make through my job is one of the most rewarding aspects!
I was working away on quite a few projects this week so my brain is in need of a day off.. Here is what caught my eye in the process! Peace out, have a relaxing weekend!
1. I designed a nursery yesterday. I love creating spaces for children that they can grow into. Designer, Nick Olsen did just that with this beautiful nursery design. Image via Veranda.
2. I’m kinda digging the platform wedge shoes that are out right now. They are stylish and comfy..A win, win in my book!
3. God, don’t we all know this!! I’ve got to learn to move on a bit better.
4. I’ve decided to finally finish my personal photo wall in my home. I loved this mix of images and the simple framing used here.
5. + 6. My wonderful client and I walked through her new home today. It is a beautiful house with so much opportunity. We talked about injecting her home with moments of black and white stripes. The classic combo is perfect when done right! This Dorothy Draper designed floor is a great example of the look I adore! I’m also loving this moto jacket layered over a summery striped dress. Find a similar dress here.
Hello, hello!! We have been working away on a number of projects at Shelter but today I squeezed in some time to put together our new office boards. Don’t cringe at the before photos of the area – (images below). This is what we are working with for space. I can’t rip out the floor tile but I will be covering as much as I can with a rug. We are painting the walls a very pale grey and recovering the windows in simple woven shades. I may even custom order a large seagrass rug to lay under the black and white rug. I want to cover as much of the tile as possible!!
I wanted to create a clean, fresh office. I will be setting up a large inspiration board to tack fabrics and design ideas to. (I love Kelly Wearstler’s over sized board – image below). I also own a number of the items that we will be using. (I’m sort of a chair addict so I have collected a number of random chairs). I have linked to the rest of the items. This space will also be created on a budget. Meg (my fabulous design assistant), myself and Matty hope to finish it up by the beginning of May!!
I will be sure to share the after photos with you!
|Painting the walls a very pale, pale grey. Clark+Kensington’s CW-C3|
1. Brass lamps
2. We will use a mix of vintage containers for our pens and pencils. Via Etsy and thrift shops.
3. Melltorp Ikea table x 2 (using as desks)
4. + 5. I own two Eames chairs and will throw sheep skin rugs over them for comfort.
6. Hustle print
Ikea rug – Stockholm rug
7. Storage baskets for samples and project fabrics
8. Cheery artwork
9. Kelly Wearstler’s design boards
10. Smaller pin boards for business cards, calendars etc.
11. + 13 I own two chairs similar to these. We will use them around a round glass top table that I already own. This will serve as a meeting and secondary work area.
12. Two pillows to use on the wooden chairs. Loving these!!
Hola! Happy Thursday! I thought I’d share with you what is going on around here at Shelter. I’m working on a few great design projects and wrapping some others up as well! You might as well focus on the interior of your home when the exterior is covered in snow……
I’ve been working with one client for over a year! They are wonderful people and I can’t wait to share their beautiful home photos with you when the project is completed! Here is a peek at their foyer design and a malachite console I had custom made for them. I work with some fabulous work rooms and the sky is the limit to what they will fabricate for me. I simply provide the drawings + inspiration sketches and viola! Perfection….Photography: Sarah Winchester
The office is going to mix clean white, smokey pinks/greys and brass. I want it as open and bright as possible. I will have a work area and a central round table. I already own most of the items I want to use, which is a good thing!
I prefer to work on a large flat surface such as a table as opposed to a small desk. So I’ll be heading to Ikea for two white tables/desks.
The space will combine these elements…
This is Kelly Wearstler’s office…I mean don’t get me wrong, my office could fit on that table top but I’m liking the mix of smokey colors..
I also LOVE these colors
|I love a clean white desk and organized work space. Image via|