Happy Thursday! How is it already mid-September? It still feels like August around here, so this Mama is a happy one. I’m working on some really exciting projects right now. Here are six interior design trends and classic looks I’m eyeing and/or using!!
Hello all! I just arrived home from my very successful business trip to Houston. My collaboration with ACE Hardware is going so well. I have a number of exciting developments to share in the months to come, including the peeks of my holiday vingnette for their Spring Trade show. In the meantime I wanted to share the photos of a home I designed for a great young family in a suburb just west of Boston!! I designed a number of the furniture pieces including the living room ottoman, foyer settee, living room sofas, and the family room ottoman. Hope you enjoy it!
You can also see more details on Style Me Pretty’s home tour!
Here are my thoughts today! I have lots on my mind. Isn’t it funny how one cold day in the middle of July instantly makes you think of dressing for Fall? I’m not ready for the chilly weather yet but I do love a good fall sneak peek!
** Love that Dior quote!! It’s so true….I may have to try that sweet red bow and pony look too!
1. I came across this butterfly this week. One would make a great statement art piece in an array of settings!
2. Now is the time to buy summer sandals, they are all on sale. I like the leather and leopard mix of these tiny wedge DVF sandals.
3. oooowww I love a good cocktail + bar arrangement!! I can’t wait to arrange mine. I like Camille’s tips for styling and making a set up your own!
4. This clutch has been popping up everywhere – i like! Check out MacKenzie’s clever organization tip here.
5. I’m going to take my kids blueberry picking next week. I’m planning to make this crostata with the fruits of our labor… my Mom made a delicious blueberry cake this week with her picks.
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 cups fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
coarse sugar, for sprinkling
2) In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch to get rid of any lumps. In a large bowl, toss the berries, sugar and cornstarch mixture, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt.
3) Unwrap the puff pastry onto the sheet. Mound the blueberries into the middle of the dough, leaving an inch or two around the edges. Fold the edges over the filling, just enough to keep the berries from sliding out, overlapping and pinching where needed.
4) Brush the pastry with egg and sprinkle with the course sugar. Bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes. If the dough is browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Cool for a few minutes and serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
6. Fall fashion sneak peek. Here are two looks I’ll be wearing this Fall. I’d love to find a cool (maybe even vintage) leopard coat.
Blog posts are pretty telling…my apologies for the one sided inspiration lately. I guess you can tell where my mind has been! A little pink goes a long way. I love Flamingos, even when they’re gilded! 😉
|A modern version found here! (all her art is pretty cool)|
|we can’t forget the neo-traditionalist.|
|this green grass is looking so good to me right now! Boston is beyond grey and there are fallen trees all over the place from the storm…depressing….|
|I could scoop up half of Tory’s site right now!|